Issues with SCORM and navigation through learning paths

Please always state the Chamilo version you are referring to when reporting issues or asking questions.

Moderator: Coursenligne

Issues with SCORM and navigation through learning paths

Postby nmeigs » 30 Jan 2018, 16:36

Good day,

I am in a hurry and I am having some unexpected problems with Chamilo. I have created a learning path that pertains many chapters. Every chapter is one SCORM lessons and I have added the tests within the SCORM. The student have to pass the test in SCORM 100% before they can go to the next chapter. I have set the lesson with pre-requisite of finishing the previous one in order to see the next one. The problem is that the pre-requisite concerns the viewing of the lesson, and not the scoring. At the same time when viewing the reporting / learner details in course it does not show the best score, nor any score at all, I have no way as the teacher to see if my student passed the different tests incorporated in the SCORM.

My superior insist in having the tests in the SCORM so we can have multiple tests on the timeline of a chapter, that is only 3 to 5 minutes. That is why we are not interested in having the tests configured outside the SCORM, and also to avoid having our NON-computer-litterate student to follow all kinds of different windows.

Besides, when 100% of view of chapter one is completed, should it not show the next chapter in the left of the screen? instead of having to go back to the path to see the next chapter?

Anyone have an idea?
Thanks in advance
nmeigs
New user

Re: Issues with SCORM and navigation through learning paths

Postby lguirao » 31 Jan 2018, 16:02

Hello,

Pre-requisites in learning path are used to check the viewing of the lesson or the scoring of Chamilo tests. If you want to avoid students access to the next lesson with an internal test (within the SCORM package) you have to develop this check in the SCORM itself.

There is no link in a learning path to others, you have to go back or you can insert the link manually
Laura Guirao
Nosolored - Chamilo Official Provider
lguirao
Major Contributor

Re: Issues with SCORM and navigation through learning paths

Postby nmeigs » 31 Jan 2018, 20:36

Thank you for the information :)
nmeigs
New user

Return to All topics, all versions