The bookmarking in SCORM 1.2 is broken?

Moderator: Coursenligne

The bookmarking in SCORM 1.2 is broken?

Postby VladimirK » 05 Aug 2016, 19:55

Hello!

I have got a free account to test how iSpring courses (SCORM 1.2) will work here.
However, if I leave courses mid way and get back, the bookmarking does not work and I start courses from the very beginning.
It seems that suspend_data is not stored and returned back to SCOs on re-start.

The courses set cmi.suspend_data to save the current progress and user's position within a course.

I tested the same courses in many other LMSs (Absorb, FirmWater, eFront, CourseSites, Moodle, TalentLMS, etc.) and in SCORM Cloud - works just fine! Are you already working on this? Or is it how SCORM courses expected to work in Chamilo?
Courses can be found here: https://ispri.ng/nK9Y

Please advice!
VladimirK

Re: The bookmarking in SCORM 1.2 is broken?

Postby yannick » 10 Dec 2016, 02:11

Hi Vlad,

This type of problem would be better attended on https://github.com/chamilo/chamilo-lms/issues because it's a more technical issue with a well defined test procedure.

Usually, when stuff like this happens, it's because we are a little too strict in our understanding of the SCORM standard. We only support SCORM 1.2 (so if you're trying with SCORM 2004, that will definitely work only partially), and sometimes we "cannot" save suspend_data because another SCORM 1.2 requirement is missing from the course content. And sometimes we get it wrong (usually not).
Yannick Warnier
Chamilo Project Leader & Association President
yannick
Enthousiast

Postby Costin » 11 Oct 2017, 10:04

Hi ,

I see you use Spring Suite to create SCROM.
You forgot to check zip output.
Regrds
Costin
Attachments
SCROM.png
SCROM.png (146.93 KiB) Viewed 1465 times
Costin

Postby VladimirK » 23 Apr 2018, 19:55

Hi,

Almost two years passed, but the problem is still here.

The LMS must only save data set by courses (cmi.suspend_data). This part is the same for SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004.
Only "cmi.suspend_data" must be used to save and return learnels' position on re-start.

Please let me know if there is something I can help you with.
VladimirK

Return to Troubleshooting